Our Mission Statement

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

-Matthew 28:19-20

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

God Saves Bad People

I've been a Christian for some years now and over these years I have studied God's Word and it has blessed me in innumerable and unexplainable ways. However, there is one thing that still baffles me, there is one thing that I cannot seem to wrap my head around, there is one thing that I just cannot comprehend. My dilemma is found Romans 5:8, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Do you know that God saves bad people? Do you know that God only saves bad people? Jesus said He came to seek and save that which was lost, not those who "thought" they had found their way. Jesus came to heal the sick, not those who "thought" they were healthy. That’s what the whole Bible’s about. And I just don’t get it. Christ didn’t wait for us to get our act together before He died for us; He did while we had our backs turned towards Him. This defies human logic and our understanding of justice. When I die I’m not getting what I deserve because Jesus got what I deserve. I know for some of you this is hard to comprehend, but will you stop acting as if you must clean up your life before you turn to Him. Don’t you get it; He only saves those who are dirty – not the clean. Will you turn to Him? He is mighty to save.


No comments:

Post a Comment